The Melbourne/Victoria kit also comes with a set of six overlays that interpret the provisions of Rescode. These have just been updated to take into account Amendment VC99 that came into operation in late 2013 and changed the wall height provisions and included details of the new residential zones.
The Rescode tools enable some of the formulas and requirements of Rescode to be simplified to a simple overlay format that can be applied directly to plans to test compliance. These are really useful tools for planners and designers alike.
Two overlays cover topics such as:
- the critical side and rear setback to height formula;
- setback to north facing windows;
- daylight to existing windows;
- solar access to open space;
- open space, and overlooking.